Search This Blog

This is a blog about Peggy and Bob's Great Loop adventure which began in September 2008 in Lake Superior aboard "Baby Grand," their 32' Grand Banks trawler.

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Farewell to Clearwater 1-8-09
















Welcome back faithful readers. Our boat has been docked at the Clearwater Beach marina for the past month and we have really enjoyed our time there. Most of our blog has focused on the traveling parts of our trip but some have asked what did we do daily in Clearwater for 3 weeks.

I am an early morning person and like nothing better than walking a beach for 1-2 hours at first light with my winged friends. I asked the pool staff at the Hilton Hotel if I could use their pool to do my water physical therapy program and they graciously let me use their pool early in the morning. There is a municipal pool in Clearwater but it is not open until March.

There is always something going on down at the docks and it’s always fun watching whose coming in and out. The pirate ship would regularly go by our dock at 4pm and start the song, "Who Let the Dogs Out", and then we were conditioned to start panting and sing the song also. Bob and I are not suntan people as you can tell from my still pasty white color that I have worked hard to maintain with sunscreen 45 and 55, but we did take our chairs down to the beautiful Clearwater beach every day at 2pm to read. After dinner, we would often head back to Pier 60 for a leisurely walk along the beach and catch a beautiful sunset.

Blog Archive

Baby Grand

Baby Grand